Sutcliffe Projects is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040. In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets. We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 41.28 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 25%.
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2013 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 14.66 tCO2e, a 21%ge reduction against the 2013 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract.
Carbon reduction initiatives implemented to date:
- Sutcliffe’s first electric company car
- Flexible working policy
- Continued certification to the ISO 14001 Accreditation 2015.
- Implementation of Sutcliffe benefits portal including green travel payment plans
- Carbon literacy training
In the future, we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Net-zero site set up a policy
- Net-zero commercial vehicle policy
- Installation of Air Source Heat Pumps at Sutcliffe head office
- Further roll-out of carbon training to all staff
- Zero carbon supply chain collaboration initiative
- Implementation of zero-waste strategy